firstname.lastname@example.org (OpenPGP key)
I am a researcher at the Computer Graphics Group, University of Siegen. My research topics include various aspects of Physically Based Rendering, Real-Time Rendering, Sensor Simulation, Virtual Reality, and Scientific Visualization. See my publication list at Google Scholar. Most publications are freely available, and for some of the others you can access pre-print versions.
I write and maintain several software projects. Some are related to my research interests, some are completely different, but all are free software.
- Mail: small but powerful utilities to send and receive mail
- Multimedia: graphics, video, visualization, virtual reality, etc.
- Utilities: miscellaneous
- Experimental: playground for interesting concepts, not necessarily useful
- Research: software written for specific research projects or publications
- ECM - Planetary-scale terrain rendering and data visualization
- camsim - Simulation of RGB and Time-of-Flight depth cameras
- pmdsim - Simulation of PMD depth cameras (obsolete, superseded by camsim)
- mappings-sphere-disc-square - Mappings between sphere, disc, and square
- mappings-sphere-cube - Mappings between sphere and cube
- Inactive projects: stalled or obsolete