firstname.lastname@example.org (OpenPGP key)
I am a researcher at the Computer Graphics Group, University of Siegen. My research topics include various aspects of Virtual Reality, Scientific Visualization, Sensor Simulation, and Real-Time Rendering. See my publication list at Google Scholar. Most publications are freely available, and for some of the others you can access pre-print versions.
I write and maintain several software projects. Some are related to my interests in Computer Graphics, some are completely different, but all are free software.
- Mail: small but powerful utilities to send and receive mail
- Multimedia: graphics, video, visualization, virtual reality, etc.
- Utilities: miscellaneous
- Experimental: playground for interesting concepts, not necessarily useful
- Research: software written for specific research projects or publications
- ECM - Planetary-scale terrain rendering and data visualization
- camsim - Simulation of RGB and Time-of-Flight depth cameras
- pmdsim - Simulation of PMD depth cameras (obsolete, superseded by camsim)
- mappings-sphere-disc-square - Mappings between sphere, disc, and square
- mappings-sphere-cube - Mappings between sphere and cube
- Inactive projects: stalled or obsolete