mpop is a POP3 client: it retrieves mail from POP3 mailboxes.Features include:
- Support for multiple accounts
- Header based mail filtering: filter junk mail before downloading it
- Delivery to mbox files, maildir folders, or a mail delivery agent (MDA)
- TLS/SSL support including client certificates
- Many authentication methods
- Support for Internationalized Domain Names (IDN)
- Fast POP3 implementation using command pipelining
- SOCKS proxy support
mpop runs on a wide variety of platforms. It needs little more than an ANSI C compiler and Berkeley-style sockets. It does not require any additional libraries, but it can use the following to enhance its feature set:
The GnuTLS library provides TLS/SSL support. It is highly recommended.
OpenSSL can be used as an alternative to GnuTLS.
- GNU SASL
Using the GNU SASL library adds support for the GSSAPI, DIGEST-MD5, and NTLM authentication methods. (The methods USER/PASS, APOP, PLAIN, LOGIN, and CRAM-MD5 are always supported).
mpop is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.