Re: [msmtp-users] Name resolution error with msmtp 1.4.31 under Cygwin in Windows 8.1

Hi Martin,

On Sat, Mar 01, 2014 at 11:51:22AM +0100, Martin Lambers wrote:
> I don't use Windows or Cygwin, but one thing you might want to try is to
> use the pre-built Windows binaries of msmtp from
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/msmtp/files/msmtp/1.4.31/
>
> These binaries don't use Cygwin; do they work?

Thank you for this! I had seen Windows-specific code in the source, but
hadn't thought to look for Windows binaries around. The Windows binaries
do work, and with a few appropriate wrapper scripts to call out to the
Windows binary it seems to be working from my Cygwin install.

I'm still puzzled by the errors generated in Cygwin, but (assuming this
email gets through as a test case!) I'm just happy to be able to send
emails from Windows.

If anyone does have any ideas, or wants me to test anything, I'd still
be more than willing to try and work out what's going wrong here.

Thanks again,

Joss
--
Joss Wright | @JossWright