Re: [msmtp-users] Name resolution error with msmtp 1.4.31 under Cygwin in Windows 8.1

Hi Joss!

On Tue, 25 Feb 2014 22:02:45 +0000, Joss Wright wrote:
> I've run into a strange problem with msmtp under Cygwin. I've copied
> over the ~/.msmtprc configuration from my Linux machine, but when
> running msmtp there I get the following error:
>
> msmtp: cannot locate host <my.mail.host>: Non-recoverable failure in
> name resolution
> msmtp: could not send mail (account default
> from /home/<user>/.msmtprc)

I don't use Windows or Cygwin, but one thing you might want to try is to
use the pre-built Windows binaries of msmtp from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/msmtp/files/msmtp/1.4.31/

These binaries don't use Cygwin; do they work?

Regards,
Martin