[msmtp-users] patch to ignore comments, and broken build

Hi all,

Just installed msmtp last night. I discovered that the config file syntax is rather limited; comments must exist on their own line, separate from actual config settings. So while the following is legal:
# from: shown in email "from" field
# user, password: for SMTP authentication
account   gmail
host      smtp.gmail.com
port      587
from      ichimonji10@...301...
user      ichimonji10@...142...20...

The following is not legal:
account   gmail
host      smtp.gmail.com
port      587
from      ichimonji10@...301... # from: shown in email "from" field
user      ichimonji10@...142...20... # user, password: for SMTP authentication

Or, more accurately, the "from" configuration option will be set to 'ichimonji10@...301... # from: shown in email "from" field'. I cloned the repo on sourceforge and wrote up a patch. However, I was unable to sucessfully build the software so as to test it (autohell strikes again!). You can find my patch and build output here and here, respectively. Have fun, and I hope someone else can test out the patch.

--Jeremy "Ichimonji10" Audet