Re: [msmtp-users] patch to ignore comments, and broken build

> Have fun, and I hope someone else can test out the patch.

I don't know if, for example, fetchmail or fdm permit line comments, but
fetchmail does make use of quoting. There are cases where any number
of parameters may need to quote/escape things like quotes, spaces, #'s,
etc... because that data is part of the setting, not the comment.

So I place # comments directly above each setting line, and can
more easily lint the config that way :) Others have other needs.