Re: [msmtp-users] msmtp: support for authentication method GSSAPI is not compiled in / gssapi support for msmtp

<ilangovan.muthiah@...140...> writes:

> Hi Simon
> Thanks for your reply
>  As you are assumming ,I want to use the Kerberos v5 auth mechanism
> under gssapi.Now I have installed MIT
> Kerberos package version krb5-1.6.1 as you suggest but still I am having
> the same problem.I don't know much about kerberos client configuration.I
> have configured the krb5.conf file only .I have no idea about what and
> all need to be configured.

You need to run 'kinit' on the client to get a Kerberos ticket, which
requires that you have a KDC somewhere.  The SMTP server you use must
typically also be part of the same Kerberos realm.

Sorry for confusing the problem by talking about hostkeys, that is only
required on the server side, and it seems you are on the client side.

/Simon