Re: [msmtp-users] msmtp: support for authentication method GSSAPI is not compiled in / gssapi support for msmtp

<ilangovan.muthiah@...140...> writes:

> Hi,
>      I need to include NTLM and GSSAPI auth support in msmpt .I am using
> msmtp-1.4.14 verion.I am able to include the NTLM support but not able
> to include GSSAPI
> support. because msmtp support GSSAPI using GNU SASL ,I compiled and
> installed the  gsasl-0.2.25  version . I also installed the gss-0.0.23
> version ans shishi-0.0.35 .

Hi.  Did you create a host keytab for the host?  The GSSAPI mechanism in
GNU SASL won't advertise itself unless configuration of the host is
working properly.

I'm assuming you want to use Kerberos V under GSSAPI?  I think there are
NTLM-like mechanisms under GSSAPI too, but they are not supported by GNU
SASL.  The GSSAPI SASL mechanism only works for Kerberos V too.

Finally, if you are using Heimdal or MIT Kerberos, you probably want to
build GNU SASL against them instead of Shishi/GSS.

/Simon