Re: [msmtp-users] Compilation error on OS X

On Tue, 24. Oct 2006, 22:32:29 +0100, Michael Williams wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 24, 2006 at 10:33:10PM +0200, Martin Lambers wrote:
> >Could you send me a log of your build? There should not be any warnings,
> >or at least not plenty of them.
>
> Attached. "Plenty" was perhaps an exaggeration. I did not analyse the
> output in detail, beyond noting that there were warnings. Most of them
> are for the same thing (long doubles).

The warnings occur only in the gnulib portability library. They are
harmless and largely unavoidable.
The main source code in the src directory produces no warnings.

> >I'm interested in your config.log file. I switched the configure script
> >of version 1.4.7 to use the AC_LIB_HAVE_LINKFLAGS macro to detect
> >libraries. This should either add "-lcrypto" automatically, or omit it
> >if the linker can handle library dependencies itself (libssl depends on
> >libcrypto). This seems to fail in your situation.
>
> These are rather large, so I've put them on the web:
>
> http://pentangle.net/tmp/config-libs.log (with LIBS=-lcrypto)
> http://pentangle.net/tmp/config-no-libs.log (without)
>
> Let me know if you need anything else.

I changed the detection of the OpenSSL libraries in the configure
script. A test tarball is available at http://www.marlam.de/msmtp-1.4.8.tar.bz2 .
Does this fix the problem?

Regards,
Martin