Re: [msmtp-users] Compilation error on OS X

On Tue, 24. Oct 2006, 10:00:20 +0100, Michael Williams wrote:
> >I think there should be an additional "-lcrypto" on the command line:
> >
> >gcc  -g -O2   -o msmtp  conf.o list.o msmtp.o net.o netrc.o smtp.o
> >stream.o tools.o tls.o ../gnulib/libgnu.a  -lssl -lcrypto
> >
> >Could you try this?
>
> Yes, that works! I did:
>
> $ ./configure --prefix=/Users/mike/usr LIBS=-lcrypto
> $ make && make install
>
> and everything builds and installs fine (with plenty of warnings). I've
> tested the TLS and auth features and confirmed them to be working.
> Thanks very much!

Could you send me a log of your build? There should not be any warnings,
or at least not plenty of them.
(I'm always trying to make the source compile without warnings on a
GNU/Linux system with most of the gcc warning options activated.)

> >The configure script should find out how to link correctly with OpenSSL.
> >It works on other platforms, but maybe it fails on OS X.
>
> I'd be happy to help with fixing this, if indeed it is an msmtp problem
> and not just me being stupid. Let me know.

I'm interested in your config.log file. I switched the configure script
of version 1.4.7 to use the AC_LIB_HAVE_LINKFLAGS macro to detect
libraries. This should either add "-lcrypto" automatically, or omit it
if the linker can handle library dependencies itself (libssl depends on
libcrypto). This seems to fail in your situation.

The SourceForge compile farm hosts with OS X seem to be down
permanently, so I don't have access to OS X myself anymore.

Regards,
Martin