Re: [msmtp-users] Compilation error on OS X

On Tue, Oct 24, 2006 at 06:46:13AM +0200, Martin Lambers wrote:
I'm trying to build msmtp with SSL support on OS X, for use with a local
mutt client. The configure script seems to run OK:

otis:msmtp-1.4.7$ ./configure --prefix=/Users/mike/usr ... (full output available if needed)

Install prefix ....... : /Users/mike/usr
TLS/SSL support ...... : yes (Library: OpenSSL)
GNU SASL support ..... : no
GNU Libidn support ... : no
NLS support .......... : no

However, make fails. Here are the last few lines:

gcc  -g -O2   -o msmtp  conf.o list.o msmtp.o net.o netrc.o smtp.o
stream.o tools.o tls.o ../gnulib/libgnu.a  -lssl

I think there should be an additional "-lcrypto" on the command line:

gcc  -g -O2   -o msmtp  conf.o list.o msmtp.o net.o netrc.o smtp.o
stream.o tools.o tls.o ../gnulib/libgnu.a  -lssl -lcrypto

Could you try this?

Yes, that works! I did:
$ ./configure --prefix=/Users/mike/usr LIBS=-lcrypto
$ make && make install

and everything builds and installs fine (with plenty of warnings). I've
tested the TLS and auth features and confirmed them to be working.
Thanks very much!

The configure script should find out how to link correctly with OpenSSL.
It works on other platforms, but maybe it fails on OS X.

I'd be happy to help with fixing this, if indeed it is an msmtp problem
and not just me being stupid. Let me know.

-- Mike