Re: [msmtp-users] Generating a From: header if it is missing

On Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 2:16 AM, grarpamp <grarpamp@...20...> wrote:

> Note rfc2822 was obsoleted for 5322, the current set for SMTP is below.

> https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5322
>  Internet Message Format
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6854
>  Update IMF to Allow Group Syntax in From: and Sender: Headers
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6531
>  SMTP Extension for Internationalized Email
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6532
>  Internationalized Email Headers
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5321
>  Simple Mail Transfer Protocol

https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6409
 Message Submission for Mail
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3207
 Secure SMTP over STARTTLS

Forgot a couple above relevant to what msmtp speaks.

> the strftime and timezone date format that the server

There's notes about timezones in 6409 and others,
and 6409 section 8. Message Modifications.
I've not read them yet for any applicable context.