Re: [msmtp-users] msmtp 1.4.29 bugs

> The CR is part of the SMTP conversion: each line must end with CR LF.
> So I would not say it's a bug, and in any case, it does not do any
> harm, does it?

No 'harm'. But every other unix style output I'm familiar with
terminates only with LF. So if you're trying to match the end of
line '$', well, there's an annoying non-printable in there. Or you
load it in vi and get a bunch of ctrl-M's everywhere. I get the
theory about outputting precisely the raw conversation in debug,
but feel that stripping the CR's would be an acceptable trade
when it comes to working with the output.

> That either means FreeBSD does not provide OpenSSL's pkg-config file
> (openssl.pc), or that PKG_CONFIG_PATH needs to be tweaked to find it.

I compiled from the source, so FreeBSD packages/ports do not apply.
And am overriding the /usr one with the below flags.
I'm used to ./configure's that don't need the pkg-config layer... just
point them at the include and lib dirs, or more simply to the install
dir (--prefix) that those dirs reside in.

> If you want to override pkg-config, you need to set libssl_CFLAGS and
> libssl_LIBS, and the latter must include the libraries to link to, i.e.
> "-lssl -lcrypto".

I think that was the case I found later but need to rerun it.
I have openssl installed in its own private dir not /usr[/local].

> It works for me, at least when disabling external libraries. What
> exactly goes wrong for you?

I think I ended up with lssl and lcrypto static and the rest
dynamic. Was in a hurry so I fixed it manually. Will try to re-doc
it for you.