Re: [msmtp-users] msmtp 1.4.29 bugs

Hi!

On Fri, 28 Sep 2012 22:34:56 -0400, grarpamp wrote:
> - Debug output with -d prints carriage returns at the
> end of every line before the newline. Unless msmtp is
> trying to emulate Microsoft MS-DOS, please remove them :)

The debug option does the following: "Print lots of debugging
information, including the whole conversation with the SMTP server."
The CR is part of the SMTP conversion: each line must end with CR LF.
So I would not say it's a bug, and in any case, it does not do any
harm, does it?

> - On FreeBSD 8.3 i386, ./configure --with-ssl=openssl says:
> TLS/SSL support ........ : no (Library: none)

That either means FreeBSD does not provide OpenSSL's pkg-config file
(openssl.pc), or that PKG_CONFIG_PATH needs to be tweaked to find it.

> If specifying libssl_{CFLAGS=-I... , LDFLAGS=-L...} as hinted in
> ./configure, the link stage for msmtp can't find lcrypto and lssl:
> [piles of undefined references]

If you want to override pkg-config, you need to set libssl_CFLAGS and
libssl_LIBS, and the latter must include the libraries to link to, i.e.
"-lssl -lcrypto".

> Static compilation with the usual CPPFLAGS=-static LDFLAGS=-static
> ./configure environment method doesn't work.

It works for me, at least when disabling external libraries. What
exactly goes wrong for you?

Martin