[msmtp-users] Using with mailx - why is the From being ignored?

Dear all,

I am setting up a simple mail sending scheme using msmtp and mailx.

My set up is pretty similar to what I saw in http://www.klenwell.com/is/UbuntuCommandLineGmail , the only difference being that I'm setting up global configuration files instead of local ones.

My /etc/msmtprc:

account itc
host mail.itc.net
from myfrom@...67....308...
auto_from off
auth plain
user user
password pw

I'm testing the email with:
echo "Hi there" | mailx -s "Hello World" myselg@...20...

The problem: the mail arrives at the destination with (unknown sender), even though I have "from" defined in msmtp!

The only way I can have it arriving with from field is by explicitly setting it in /etc/nail.rc:
set from="YOURNAME@...20... (YOURNAME)"

I've tried a combination of from/auto_from (without from, with from and auto_from on) without success.

Shouldn't these 2 msmtp settings define the from field? Why do I need to define it in nailrc? Is it because it's the responsibility of the client to set that up? I find it odd that I'd have to define it twice (in msmtp + nailrc) and that I have to define it in a mailx's environment variable.

Thank you in advance for your help,

Miguel Almeida