Re: [msmtp-users] Using with mailx - why is the From being ignored?

Hi Miguel!

On Thu, 9 Aug 2012 10:07:51 +0100, Miguel Almeida wrote:
> The problem: *the mail arrives at the destination with (unknown
> sender), even though I have "from" defined in msmtp!*

Msmtp only sets the envelope from-address, not the From: header inside
the mail. The envelope is part of the SMTP protocol, see MAIL FROM
and RCPT TO.

The envelope and the mail headers do not need to match. Setting the
mail headers is the responsibility of the mail user agent. Msmtp will
not alter them.

Martin