Re: [msmtp-users] How is Date header supposed to be added?

On 16.02.12 19:23, Joshua Pettett wrote:
vixie-cron and mailx seem to expect the local MTA/MSA to add the Date: header to outgoing mail, as sendmail and ssmtp do. Is there a way to get msmtp to do so, or a best practice I am missing here?

it's the MUA that is expected to add the header, and some MTA's add it if they receive mail without them. Courier, for example, has the possibility to generate the Date: (along with the Message-Id:) header, if it is told to (e.g. for local users).

Note that msmtp is designed to do the message submission, not creation.
but you can use Martin Lambers' wrapper if you need.
However I would advise to use mailx or mutt to send the mail.
--
Matus UHLAR - fantomas, uhlar@...186... ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
"One World. One Web. One Program." - Microsoft promotional advertisement