Re: [msmtp-users] 2 domains with msmtp from one PHP?

On Thu, 16 Feb 2012 12:04:08 +0100, A. Bischof wrote:
> Am 16.02.2012 10:17, schrieb Martin Lambers:
> > On Thu, 16 Feb 2012 10:09:33 +0100, A. Bischof wrote:
> >> But one problem remains:
> >> As I wrote, I moved the systemwide configfile /etc/msmtprc as it
> >> conflicted with the default section in the one for php - but I need
> >> this systemwide file, for example for cron mails.
> >>
> >> In which order are the default accounts used? Is the systemwide
> >> being overwritten if I put one in a user config (like I have for
> >> www-data)? Or how should I put it that php uses it's config, but
> >> cron/root can use another?
> >
> > These questions should be answered here:
> > http://msmtp.sourceforge.net/doc/msmtp.html#Configuration-files
>
> You're so right, thanks again. Now that I put a default account in
> the config file for php, msmtp takes this one and not the one from
> the systemwide config.
>
> One last question (I hope :-)
>
> As for now msmtp doesn't support the placeholder thinggy we talked
> about, I tried the following config for PHP, but it doesn't work if I
> uncomment the lines for the second account. I thought msmtp would
> choose the right account by the from adress while using the option
> --read-envelope-from. Can't I have two variations of the same domain?:
>
> cat /etc/msmtprc-www-data-multidomain
> defaults
> tls on
> tls_starttls on
> tls_trust_file /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt
> logfile /var/log/msmtp.log
> auto_from off
> host smtp.gmail.com
> port 587
> timeout 30
> auth on
>
> account one
> from webmaster@...280...
> user webmaster@...280...
> password ****
>
> account two
> from webmaster@...281...
> user webmaster@...281...
> password ****
>
> #account two-b
> #from umfrageteam@...281...
> #user umfrageteam@...281...
> #password ****
>
> # Set a default account
> account default : one
>
> Any clues about that?

That should work, but without error messages I cannot tell what goes
wrong.

If you use this config file only with php and thus only with the
--read-envelope-from option, you don't need to set a default account
(but it should not be a problem if you do).

Martin