Re: [msmtp-users] 2 domains with msmtp from one PHP?

Hi Martin,

Am 14.02.2012 21:25, schrieb Martin Lambers:
Hi!
...u can help me out?

I have a server running php (with lighttpd, not apache) for different
domains. I have google mail accounts for the domains. Now I must send
mails from domain one.de with another sender then domain two.de

How can this be achieved?
-----------
defaults
host ...
tls ...
log ...

account one
from webmaster@...280...
user webmaster@...280...
password ***

account two
from webmaster@...281...
user webmaster@...281...
password ***
------------

Now you have multiple options:
- if you can use different php.ini files for your domains, you can
   choose an account with the --account option.
- if your php scripts set a 'From' header in each mail depending on the
   domain (e.g. 'From: webmaster@...280...' and 'From: webmaster@...281...'),
   you can use the --read-envelope-from option of msmtp. Then msmtp
   reads this From address and automatically chooses the account that
   has a matching 'from' command.

thanks alot so far! I don't know how to use different php.inis for my domain - it's one lighttpd running the php-cgis, so I assume that's not possible.

I'll test the --read-envelope-from option of msmtp - is it possible to use placeholders? Like
from *@one.de
and msmtp chooses only by domain, so webmaster@...280... would fit as any other mail address from one.de would?

Cheers
Frisco