Re: [msmtp-users] Aliases patch

On 05/10/11 21:12, Ovidiu Constantin wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 4:09 PM, Ovidiu Constantin <ovidiu@...231...> wrote:
>>> That said, I personally do not need aliases functionality, and I would
>>> like to get some feedback from people who would use this. Alejandro,
>>> Ovidiu: you asked about aliases support in msmtp before; does this patch
>>> fulfill your needs? Can you test it?
>>
>> This seems to be exactly what I need. I will test the patch and let
>> you know (shouldn't take more than 1-2 days). I scanned a little
>> through the patch file and it looks ok.
>
> Hello and sorry for the delay, life just happens sometimes :)
>
> Applied, compiled, tested. It  works, with two small issues:

Thanks for testing!

I now applied Scott's patch (thanks again!):
http://msmtp.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=msmtp/msmtp;a=commitdiff;h=d5d4a2a7cbc9a3e28a97137913aa1df0f4bdef3b

> 1. If /etc/aliases exists, it should be loaded by default, without
> needing to use --aliases=/etc/aliases, or have a line in the config
> file for it.

Enabling aliases by default would break existing setups, and I'm sure
many users do not want to use it. So it will have to be enabled manually.

> 2. A line like: "postmaster: root" is not accepted, but I believe it
> should be, and aliases should be solved recurrently (I also have a
> "root: ovidiu@...231..." line in there). Any thoughts?

The example that you give is probably very common, so this feature would
be worth to add. Patches are welcome :)

Martin