Re: [msmtp-users] Aliases patch

On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 4:09 PM, Ovidiu Constantin <ovidiu@...231...> wrote:
>> That said, I personally do not need aliases functionality, and I would
>> like to get some feedback from people who would use this. Alejandro,
>> Ovidiu: you asked about aliases support in msmtp before; does this patch
>> fulfill your needs? Can you test it?
>
> This seems to be exactly what I need. I will test the patch and let
> you know (shouldn't take more than 1-2 days). I scanned a little
> through the patch file and it looks ok.

Hello and sorry for the delay, life just happens sometimes :)

Applied, compiled, tested. It  works, with two small issues:

1. If /etc/aliases exists, it should be loaded by default, without
needing to use --aliases=/etc/aliases, or have a line in the config
file for it.

2. A line like: "postmaster: root" is not accepted, but I believe it
should be, and aliases should be solved recurrently (I also have a
"root: ovidiu@...231..." line in there). Any thoughts?

Other than that, it seems to work great! :)

--
Ovidiu Constantin <ovidiu@...231...>
http://blog.mybox.ro/  *  http://twitter.com/ovidiusoft