Re: [msmtp-users] How to make msmtp trust a specific certificate (not a CA certificate, not a self-signed one)

On Tue, 02. Feb 2010, 23:04:19 +0100, Marcus C. Gottwald wrote:
> > Nevertheless, one could add a 'tls_fingerprint' command that makes msmtp
> > trust one particular certificate, as an alternative to 'tls_trust_file'.
>
> [...]
> Yes, "tls_fingerprint" should work for me.

The current git version now has a tls_fingerprint command and
corresponding --tls-fingerprint option.

This can be used to trust one particular certificate, regardless of its
contents.

('msmtp --host=mail.example --serverinfo --tls --tls-certcheck=off' will
print certificate information, including the fingerprints.)

Martin