[msmtp-users] How to make msmtp trust a specific certificate (not a CA certificate, not a self-signed one)

Good morning!

How can I make "msmtp" (version 1.4.19, Debian testing) trust
a specific certificate? The certificate issuer is not known,
I don't trust him, and I don't have a way to get hold of the
certificate used to sign the one I'd like to trust.

I'd like "msmtp" to trust this one certificate, which I have
received from a trusted source and also verified by checking
the fingerprints.

I can tell my Web browser to trust a certificate even when the
issuer is unknown or not trustworthy, and I can tell "Mutt" to
trust a specific certificate, but I seem to be unable to make
"msmtp" trust it without getting a copy of the CA certificate
and telling "msmtp" to trust all certificates signed using
that CA certificate.

I'm sure there's /some/ way of achieving this...?

Thanks in advance for any hint,

Marcus

--
   Marcus C. Gottwald  ·  <mcg@...213...>  ·  https://cheers.de