Re: [msmtp-users] Relay problems

> - Find out which authentication methods your server supports with this
>   command:
>   msmtp --serverinfo --account=tanren
>   The server will probably support the PLAIN and/or LOGIN methods.
>   Then force msmtp to use one of these methods with "auth plain" or
>   "auth login". The downside is that your password will be send in
>   cleartext. That's why msmtp must be forced to use these methods.

OK, both methods worked plain and login! :)

> - Use TLS encryption.
>   Again, you can use
>   msmtp --serverinfo --account=tanren
>   to find out if the server supports this. If so, enable it with
>   "tls on". Even if the server does not seem to support it, you could
>   try "tls on" with "tls_starttls off". This method uses a different
>   port on the server, that's why --serverinfo does not test it.
>   With TLS enabled, all your communication with the SMTP server will be
>   encrypted, including the PLAIN and LOGIN authentication methods, so
>   msmtp can automatically use them without sending your password in
>   cleartext.

> Using TLS is the preferred method.

Since TLS is the preferred way, I've tried to use it. With
msmtp --serverinfo --account=tanren I get:

SMTP server at mail.tanren.pl (s72.superhost.pl [212.162.20.156]), port
25:
    s72.superhost.pl ESMTP Exim 4.52 #1 Thu, 28 Dec 2006 15:00:39 +0100
Capabilities:
    SIZE 52428800:
        Maximum message size is 52428800 bytes = 50,00 MB
    PIPELINING:
        Support for command grouping for faster transmission
    STARTTLS:
        Support for TLS encryption via the STARTTLS command
    AUTH:
        Supported authentication methods:
        PLAIN LOGIN
This server might advertise more or other capabilities when TLS is active.

But after turning tls on with tls_starttls off I get:

msmtp: TLS handshake failed: error:140770FC:SSL
routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown protocol

and with tls_starttls on I get:

msmtp: TLS certificate check failed: the certificate owner does not
match hostname mail.tanren.pl

Any ways if that's something simple to handle then I'll try, but if more
complex then I don't want to use your time.

Big thanks for help!

Przemek
--
AIKIDO TANREN DOJO  -   Poland - Warsaw - Mokotow - Ursynow - Natolin
info: http://www.tanren.pl/ phone: +48501516666 email: dojo@...88...