Re: [msmtp-users] Using msmtp with pine: roles (accounts)

'The wheel re-invented':

This is my 'chapuza' (quick fix) to get roles in Pine to work with
MSMTP. (I would really like to know how to do it inside Pine so that I could use it on PC-Pine too.)
Copy  msmtp-enqueue.sh to msmtp-enqueue-pine.sh.
Change (and swap order) 2 lines in msmtp-enqueue-pine.sh as follows:

## ################################
## BEGIN CHANGES (PINE) TO ORIGINAL
##
#
# Write command line to $MSMTPFILE
#echo "$@" > "$MSMTPFILE" || exit 1
#
# Write the mail to $MAILFILE
#cat > "$MAILFILE" || exit 1
tee "$MAILFILE" |\
# Now write command line to $MSMTPFILE including '-f sender' option echo "$@ -f `formail -r -X To: | sed 's/To: //'`" > "$MSMTPFILE" || exit 1
#
##
## END CHANGES (PINE)
## ################################

My path to the msmtp executables is  /usr/local/bin/. So...
in .pinerc, I set:

sendmail-path=/usr/local/bin/msmtp-enqueue-pine.sh -t

It seems to work Ok. (This post is sent in Pine using a role. My
original post was sent from Fastmail's webmail page.)

What do you all think? Anyway thanks for the very nice MSMTP. It is
just what I was looking for, because, like most of us today, I am always having to connect from anywhere on anything. And Pine and
ssh and IMAP work just fine.

R A Chatwin
Badajoz, Spain