[msmtp-users] Re: No FROM Envelope address - progress

Ok, I had a think about your comments, and I seem to have made
some progress:

I installed 'mutt' on my computer and config'd the .muttrc file
so sendmail = msmtp.  Now, when I call up mutt by just using
'mutt' and then going through the menu options and creating a mail
manually, then the 'From' envelope header is created by mutt and
sent along to msmtp.

Interestingly, however, if I use mutt at the commandline like this:

cat mytextfiletosend | mail mailrecipientaddress@...43...

Then I get the usually 'uknown sender' problem.

So basically, I need a way to call 'mail' (or failing that, mutt) where
it will create a 'From' envelope header for me, as mutt does when I use
it in interactive mode.

How would I go about doing this?

Many thanks.

liberte