Re: [msmtp-users] msmtp-1.2.4 and errors with mail server

Hi Martin,

Next question:

> then examine the file. Or try the --debug option of msmtp.

I've substituted '/usr/local/bin/msmtp' in for '/usr/sbin/sendmail'
as elm's MTA during elm's compile-time, and I have turned off sendmail
(killed the daemon and the queues).  I don't understand,though, how
I apply the --debug option.  I would have to make it part of the
compile-time definition, which I can do and have tried.  But all that
happens is that that whole output stream gets written to the elm window,
which causes elm all kinds of writeover pain.

Is the debug output going to some other device, such as maybe stderr
or some such, that I could capture in a file and not have elm choke
on?  I'm not a bash wizard, so if the answer is "yes",  appreciate if
you could suggest the syntax for that.

Thx!

jbh