Re: [mpop-users] timeout

Hi!

On Tue, 14 Oct 2014 00:57:53 +0300, fr33domlover wrote:
> Recently I started using mpop on my mail server. It seemed to work
> fine for a while, until I noticed some strange behavior. It's not a
> critical bug but still strange: I had an external e-mail account with
> 70 new messages. When mpop started downloading them, it got stuck
> after about 16. After a minute or so it complained "TLS timeout".
>
> After 30 minutes, cron ran mpop again, and it downloaded another 16
> messages, again with the same problem. Eventually it reached the
> point it had just few left, which it successfully downloaded and
> submitted the entire batch of 70 messages to SMTP successfully.

This sounds very strange.

Mpop downloads and delivers in one pass; I don't see how it could
happen that on a first run it downloads some messages, on the second
some more, and only then delivers them all. On the second run, it
cannot know about the first run anymore.

What exactly is your setup? Is it possible that there is something else
going on?