[mpop-users] timeout

Hello,

Recently I started using mpop on my mail server. It seemed to work fine for a
while, until I noticed some strange behavior. It's not a critical bug but still
strange: I had an external e-mail account with 70 new messages. When mpop
started downloading them, it got stuck after about 16. After a minute or so it
complained "TLS timeout".

After 30 minutes, cron ran mpop again, and it downloaded another 16 messages,
again with the same problem. Eventually it reached the point it had just few
left, which it successfully downloaded and submitted the entire batch of 70
messages to SMTP successfully.

Is this a know issue? I'm using mpop 1.0.27 on Debian 7.

It could be an issue with the POP server it pulled from, but I doubt that,
because I already downloaded large amounts of messages in the past without
problems.

I don't see ways to debug other than looking at the code and running mpop
compiled with debug symbols under gdb. Or maybe looking at the network activity.
So that will probably be the next step. Before I do that - anyone saw this
problem or has any clue?

Big thanks in advance!

(I'll happily make a patch if needed, etc.)

fr33domlover
PGP key ID: 937A67EF