mpop 1.4.0 is released
This is the first release of the new stable release series. Noteworthy changes since 1.2.8:
- Using OpenSSL is discouraged and may not be supported in the future. Please use GnuTLS instead. The reasons are explained here.
- As using GNU SASL is most likely unnecessary, it is disabled by default now. Since everything uses TLS nowadays and thus can use PLAIN authentication, you really only need it for GSSAPI.
- If your system requires a library for IDN support, libidn2 is now used instead of the older libidn.
- The APOP and CRAM-MD5 authentication methods are marked as obsolete / insecure and will not be chosen automatically anymore.
passwordevalcommand does not require the password to be terminated by a new line character anymore.
- Builtin default port numbers are now used instead of consulting /etc/services.
- Support for DJGPP and for systems lacking vasprintf(), mkstemp(), or tmpfile() is removed.