Re: [msmtp-users] msmtp

Hi all,
  thanks a lot.  I am sending mail from command line using  cat test.txt| msmtp -a default pvjuliet@...20...
 and i placed msmptrc in /root/ with following configuration settings

defaults
account : gmail
host:smtp.gmail.com
port :587
from : pvjuliet@...20...
user: pvjuliet
password:

account default :gmail

  i am getting error like as shown below

msmtp: envelope from address  pvjuliet@...20... not accepted by the server
msmtp:server message :530-5.5.1 Authentication required
msmtp: Could not send ail (account gmail from /root/.msmptrc)

Can anyone tell me  how i can proceed further?

Thanks and Regards
Juliet

On Tue, May 5, 2015 at 11:49 AM, Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@...186...> wrote:
On 05.05.15 10:11, PV Juliet wrote:
>To: msmtp-users-owner@lists.sourceforge.net,

Don't send list mail to list owner. the list owner is here to handle list
issues, not to participate in discussion.

>   I  have  a desktop with RHEL 6.4  and installed msmtp as client . I want
>to send mail from my machine to my gmail account . what should be the
>configuration required ?

read the documentation as manpage via "man msmtp" or online at
http://msmtp.sourceforge.net/documentation.html

> Is it possible to send mail from my desktop as
>anonymous to my  gmail?

msmtp does not handle desktops. You need desktop tool that will call msmtp.
Anonymous? You apparently want something different.

...when you have desktop, you apparently don't need msmtp but any desktop
mail client instead.

> Is it possible to send and receive mail to same
>account (eg a@...405... to a@...405...)?

msmtp can only send mail. you can provide it google authentication

>Is it possible  .msmptrc can be placed it in /root ?

yes. But don't log to your desktop as root.

--
Matus UHLAR - fantomas, uhlar@...186... ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
Linux is like a teepee: no Windows, no Gates and an apache inside...