Re: [msmtp-users] msmtp

On 05.05.15 10:11, PV Juliet wrote:
To: msmtp-users-owner@lists.sourceforge.net,

Don't send list mail to list owner. the list owner is here to handle list
issues, not to participate in discussion.

  I  have  a desktop with RHEL 6.4  and installed msmtp as client . I want
to send mail from my machine to my gmail account . what should be the
configuration required ?

read the documentation as manpage via "man msmtp" or online at
http://msmtp.sourceforge.net/documentation.html

Is it possible to send mail from my desktop as
anonymous to my  gmail?

msmtp does not handle desktops. You need desktop tool that will call msmtp.
Anonymous? You apparently want something different.

...when you have desktop, you apparently don't need msmtp but any desktop
mail client instead.

Is it possible to send and receive mail to same
account (eg a@...405... to a@...405...)?

msmtp can only send mail. you can provide it google authentication

Is it possible  .msmptrc can be placed it in /root ?

yes. But don't log to your desktop as root.

--
Matus UHLAR - fantomas, uhlar@...186... ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
Linux is like a teepee: no Windows, no Gates and an apache inside...