Re: [msmtp-users] Does msmtp always overrides Return-Path header?

В письме от 26 марта 2015 13:17:18 пользователь Matus UHLAR - fantomas
написал:
> On 26.03.15 13:55, Nikolay Shaplov wrote:
> >I am trying to send message with custom Return-Path via msmtp.
> >
> ># sendmail dhyan@...396...
> >
> >But the message I receive have Return-Path constructed by msmtp:

> envelope from. in this case, the envelope from: was apparently
> root@...397... so the MTA added it to the mail delivered to
> mailbox.
>
> change your envelope from...

Now I found a way...

sympa uses sendmail -f to set proper return-path.

but msmtp's sendmail ignores -f option if there is auto_from on in config file.

So in order to make it work in a proper way I should turn off auto_from and set
from, so cron bots can send me messages.

When auto_from is off and "from" is defined, "sendmail -f" works properly.

I do not think that ignoring -f option in any case is wise decision. It took
me several hours to understand why I do not get bounce mail. But it is good
that it is possible to make it work as I want...