[msmtp-users] Building msmtp on OS X

Hello.

I am trying to build msmtp on my OS X Yosemite client, and have followed the following steps:

I have Xcode 6.1
I have Xcode command-line tools for Yosemite (6.1)

Downloaded the latest release from http://sourceforge.net/projects/msmtp/files/msmtp/
Unzipped the downloaded file and done:

cd ~/Downloads/msmtp-1.4.32
./configure

But here it stops, with this line:

checking for pkg-config... no
configure: error: pkg-config not found

I have tried to figure out what file is missing, and where, and what i should do to fix it. But i have not been able to do that.

I thought i t was a problem with Yosemite so i’ve installed Xcode and command-line tools on a Mountain Lion client and got the same result.

In every guide for compiling this for OS X they only say:

./configure
make
make install

So, please if anyone know what i can do to fix this, please point me in the right direction.