Re: [msmtp-users] Proxy support patch

>> > Please test.

Rev 036380a works ok so far! :-) I static compiled. I haven't yet
tested pushing ipv6 through the socks5 server but will later.

When pointing libssl_CFLAGS -I and libssl_LIBS -L to some
elsewhere version, I have to also say '-lssl -lcrypto' in libssl_LIBS
too, otherwise undefined reference to blah blah.
Which isn't ideally minimal statement, but again it could be this older system.

>> --proxy-port / proxy_port should say [number|name]
>
> No, it really needs to be a number. You can pass service names to
> getaddrinfo(), but msmtp has never supported that (since getaddrinfo()
> did not exist when msmtp was written), so --proxy-port accepts only
> numbers, just like --port.

It is just handy to be able to put...
 smtp, smtps, submission, 12345, 2525, 587, etc.