Re: [msmtp-users] SMTP 550 5.7.1 error with MS Exchange Server

On 10.08.14 20:25, Will Monroe wrote:
# work email
account    Work
host       EMAIL.WORK.COM
auth	   ntlm
domain	   WORK.COM
ntlmdomain WORKDOMAIN
port       587
from       FIRSTNAME.LASTNAME@...369...
user       USERNAME

<-- 550 5.7.1 Client does not have permissions to send as this sender
msmtp: the server did not accept the mail
msmtp: server message: 550 5.7.1 Client does not have permissions to send as this sender
msmtp: could not send mail (account default from /home/will/.msmtprc)
will@...370...:~$

I've looked up the error codes here and found the following:

550 "Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable"
http://www.greenend.org.uk/rjk/tech/smtpreplies.html

5.7.1 "The sender is not authorized to send to the destination. This can be
the result of per-host or per-recipient filtering.  This memo does not
discuss the merits of any such filtering, but provides a mechanism to
report such.  This is useful only as a permanent error."
http://www.iana.org/assignments/smtp-enhanced-status-codes/smtp-enhanced-status-codes.xhtml

don't care about 550 and 5.7.1. Read the message:

Client does not have permissions to send as this sender

exchange refused either your From: or your "mail from:".
Are you connecting as the proper user?

Btw, why NTLM? Does not your exchange support better authentication methods?
(plain, login, with SSL they should be safe)

--
Matus UHLAR - fantomas, uhlar@...186... ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol.