Re: [msmtp-users] Cannot send - "error msg" cloudy to me

Hi Matthias!

On Sun, 21 Jul 2013 18:35:12 +0200, Matthias Beyer wrote:
> I don't know if it's a real "bug", but when I try to send mail to my
> mailserver at university, it does simply not work.
>
> When trying to manually send mail with msmtp:
>
>     echo "foo" | msmtp -a <accountname> -- <recipient>
>
> it takes a lot of time but then it gives me something like
>
>     msmtp: empty answer from server
>     msmtp: could not send the mail (account <account>
> from /home/m/.msmtprc)

That's really strange, we did not see something like this in a very
long time. Is the mail server accessible, so that we can check what's
going on?

Alternatively, can you run msmtp with --debug so that you can see what
exactly happens? (Remember to remove any authentication info from the
debug log if you send it to this list.)

Regards,