[msmtp-users] Cannot send - "error msg" cloudy to me

Hi there,

I'm new to this list, but at the 'contact' section of your sourceforge
site stands "please send all bug reports [...] to this list". So here
it goes:

I don't know if it's a real "bug", but when I try to send mail to my
mailserver at university, it does simply not work.

When trying to manually send mail with msmtp:

    echo "foo" | msmtp -a <accountname> -- <recipient>

it takes a lot of time but then it gives me something like

    msmtp: der Server sendete eine leere Antwort
    msmtp: konnte Mail nicht verschicken (Account <account> aus /home/m/.msmtprc)

english:

    msmtp: empty answer from server
    msmtp: could not send the mail (account <account> from /home/m/.msmtprc)

Please don't yell on me: I've searched the internet, asked people who
used (mutt with) msmtp, but none could tell what this is about. So I'm
simply writing to this mailinglist. Maybe some of you have an idea where
this comes from.

Maybe there could be some better error messages? I don't really know
what to do when getting this kind of message!

By the way: By sending this mail to you, I prove that it works for other mail
accounts.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Kind regards,