Re: [msmtp-users] Settings don't cross file boundaries

On Sat, 29 Jun 2013 23:06:09 +0200, Lorenzo Cappelletti wrote:
> What I was up to was a bunch of users which all make use of the same
> server settings to send messages, just usernames and passwords are
> different.  I thought I could set server preferences in /etc/msmtprc's
> 'defaults' section and username+password in each user's ~/.msmtprc.
>
> Is there another way to accomplish the same goal other than duplicate
> server settings for each user?

I'm afraid that's not currently possible.

That really is a limitation. It should be possible to define basic
account properties in /etc/msmtprc and then have only a little
customization in ~/.msmtprc.

Instead of throwing away an account from /etc/msmtprc if an account
with the same name is defined in ~/.msmtprc, we should merge the two.

I'd like to implement this. Could this cause compatibility problems for
existing setups? Are there any objections?

Regards,
Martin