Re: [msmtp-users] Settings don't cross file boundaries

On Sat, Jun 29, 2013 at 3:36 PM, Martin Lambers <marlam@...23...> wrote:
> That's right, these two files are handled separately.
>
> First the accounts from /etc/msmtprc are read, then the accounts from
> ~/.msmtprc. Accounts in ~/.msmtprc override accounts of the same name
> in /etc/msmtprc. Other than that, there is no connection between the
> two files.

Let's see if I understood. If I've got two accounts, foo in
/etc/msmtprc and bar in ~/.msmtprc, I can use both to send a message.
Is that right?

What I was up to was a bunch of users which all make use of the same
server settings to send messages, just usernames and passwords are
different.  I thought I could set server preferences in /etc/msmtprc's
'defaults' section and username+password in each user's ~/.msmtprc.

Is there another way to accomplish the same goal other than duplicate
server settings for each user?

Thanks,

--
Lorenzo