Re: [msmtp-users] picking up non-system openssl on OS X

On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 12:22 AM, Martin Lambers <marlam@...23...> wrote:
Hi!

On Sun, 23 Jun 2013 23:27:04 -0400, Charles Diza wrote:
> > This should work:
> > ./configure libssl_CFLAGS=... libssl_LIBS=...
> >

> Sorry, what I'm asking for is (in part) what should (in theory) go on
> the right-hand side of 'libssl_CFLAGS=' and 'libssl_LIBS='.  I'm not
> advanced enough to know what those variables accept.

It might be easier to set PKG_CONFIG_PATH.

pkg-config is used to check for libraries and how they need to
be used. Each library has a .pc file that records that information.
This file usually lives in the lib/pkgconfig directory, for example
/usr/lib/pkgconfig/libssl.pc.

With PKG_CONFIG_PATH, you can tell pkg-config where to look for
these .pc files.

The following should pick up your local OpenSSL installation before
looking into system directories:

$ ./configure PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/ssl/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig

Yes!  Yes!  Thank you.  I did leave off the ':/usr/lib/pkgconfig', since it wasn't necessary to get the result I wanted.  I know nothing about pkg-config, so I hope that's OK.

Many thanks again.

Cheers,
Charles