Re: [msmtp-users] Compiling msmtp on CentOS 6.3 server

On 10/04/2013 05:36, Martin Lambers wrote:

> Hi!
>
> On Wed, 10 Apr 2013 00:39:47 +0100, Phil Dobbin wrote:
>> I'm attempting to compile the latest msmtp from the git repo on
>> Sourceforge on CentOS 6.3 64-bit server.
>>
>> When I run `autoconf' I get:
>>
>> `$ autoconf
>> configure.ac:34: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE
>> If this token and others are legitimate, please use m4_pattern_allow
>> See the Autoconf documentation.
>> configure.ac:35: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_SILENT_RULES
>> configure.ac:45: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_GNU_GETTEXT
>> configure.ac:117: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_CONDITIONAL`
>
> I'm afraid the automake version is too old on CentOS 6.3. Maybe
> autoconf, too. For AM_GNU_GETTEXT, you also need the gettext package.
>
> Currently the only difference between msmtp-1.4.30 and the git repo is
> a new version of the msmtpq scripts, so it might be easier to just use
> 1.4.30?

Hi, Martin.

I was struggling to find an rpm for it for CentOS but in the end managed
to procure msmtp-1.4.23-1.el6.src.rpm. That looks quite old so if you
have a link to any newer repo for msmtp on CentOS 6, I'd be much obliged.

Many thanks for your help.

Cheers,

  Phil...