Re: [msmtp-users] Compiling msmtp on CentOS 6.3 server

Hi!

On Wed, 10 Apr 2013 00:39:47 +0100, Phil Dobbin wrote:
> I'm attempting to compile the latest msmtp from the git repo on
> Sourceforge on CentOS 6.3 64-bit server.
>
> When I run `autoconf' I get:
>
> `$ autoconf
> configure.ac:34: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE
> If this token and others are legitimate, please use m4_pattern_allow
> See the Autoconf documentation.
> configure.ac:35: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_SILENT_RULES
> configure.ac:45: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_GNU_GETTEXT
> configure.ac:117: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_CONDITIONAL`

I'm afraid the automake version is too old on CentOS 6.3. Maybe
autoconf, too. For AM_GNU_GETTEXT, you also need the gettext package.

Currently the only difference between msmtp-1.4.30 and the git repo is
a new version of the msmtpq scripts, so it might be easier to just use
1.4.30?

Regards,
Martin