Re: [msmtp-users] Error in autoreconf -i

Hi Martin and Andreas,
Thanks for the prompt reply.
I installed gettext and now that stage is moving forward without any problem.
I am appending the full output i get now at the end of this email.
Now in ./configure stage I am getting the following error at the end.
---------------
checking for library containing nanosleep... none required
checking for library containing socket... none required
./configure: line 7357: syntax error near unexpected token `libgnutls,'
./configure: line 7357: `    PKG_CHECK_MODULES(libgnutls, gnutls >= 0.0, HAVE_LIBGNUTLS=1, HAVE_LIBGNUTLS=0)'
I have re-installed latest version of libgnutls and its dependencies. But still I'm getting this error.
Thanking you,
Joe
PS: The full output of the run is given below.

--------------------------------------------------FULL OUTPUT
   joe@...335...:~/msmtp$ mkdir m4
   joe@...335...:~/msmtp$ autoreconf -i
autoreconf: configure.ac: AM_GNU_GETTEXT is used, but not AM_GNU_GETTEXT_VERSION
configure.ac:31: installing 'build-aux/config.guess'
configure.ac:31: installing 'build-aux/config.sub'
configure.ac:34: installing 'build-aux/install-sh'
configure.ac:34: installing 'build-aux/missing'
doc/Makefile.am:3: installing 'build-aux/mdate-sh'
src/Makefile.am: installing 'build-aux/depcomp'

   joe@...335...:~/msmtp$ ./configure
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for grep that handles long lines and -e... /usr/bin/grep
checking for egrep... /usr/bin/grep -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking minix/config.h usability... no
checking minix/config.h presence... no
checking for minix/config.h... no
checking whether it is safe to define __EXTENSIONS__... yes
checking for special C compiler options needed for large files... no
checking for _FILE_OFFSET_BITS value needed for large files... 64
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/ginstall -c
checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... /usr/bin/mkdir -p
checking for gawk... gawk
checking whether make supports nested variables... yes
checking whether make supports nested variables... (cached) yes
checking for gcc... (cached) gcc
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... (cached) yes
checking for gcc option to accept ISO C89... (cached) none needed
checking whether NLS is requested... yes
checking for msgfmt... /usr/local/bin/msgfmt
checking for gmsgfmt... /usr/local/bin/msgfmt
checking for xgettext... /usr/local/bin/xgettext
checking for msgmerge... /usr/local/bin/msgmerge
checking for ld used by gcc... /usr/i486-slackware-linux/bin/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/i486-slackware-linux/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes
checking for shared library run path origin... done
checking for CFPreferencesCopyAppValue... no
checking for CFLocaleCopyCurrent... no
checking for GNU gettext in libc... yes
checking whether to use NLS... yes
checking where the gettext function comes from... libc
checking sysexits.h usability... yes
checking sysexits.h presence... yes
checking for sysexits.h... yes
checking netdb.h usability... yes
checking netdb.h presence... yes
checking for netdb.h... yes
checking arpa/inet.h usability... yes
checking arpa/inet.h presence... yes
checking for arpa/inet.h... yes
checking sys/socket.h usability... yes
checking sys/socket.h presence... yes
checking for sys/socket.h... yes
checking sys/wait.h usability... yes
checking sys/wait.h presence... yes
checking for sys/wait.h... yes
checking for fseeko... yes
checking for fseeko64... yes
checking for getpass... yes
checking for getservbyname... yes
checking for link... yes
checking for mkstemp... yes
checking for sigaction... yes
checking for strndup... yes
checking for syslog... yes
checking for vasprintf... yes
checking for library containing nanosleep... none required
checking for library containing socket... none required
./configure: line 7357: syntax error near unexpected token `libgnutls,'
./configure: line 7357: `    PKG_CHECK_MODULES(libgnutls, gnutls >= 0.0, HAVE_LIBGNUTLS=1, HAVE_LIBGNUTLS=0)'
-------------------------------------------------------------------END

On 24 March 2013 16:25, Martin Lambers <marlam@...23...> wrote:
Hi!

On Sun, 24 Mar 2013 16:11:00 +0530, Joe Philip Ninan wrote:
> At the "autoreconf -i" command It filas saying couldn't open
> direcotry 'm4' I have the latest versions of automake-1.13 and
> autoconf-2.69 installed. Following is the output i get.

Hm, automake 1.11.6 does not complain about the m4 directory. I'm not
sure what's going on there, but it should be ok to just create it
manually as you did.

>     joe@...335...:~/msmtp$ mkdir m4
>     joe@...335...:~/msmtp$ autoreconf -i
> configure.ac:45: warning: macro 'AM_GNU_GETTEXT' not found in library
> configure.ac:45: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_GNU_GETTEXT
>       If this token and others are legitimate, please use
> m4_pattern_allow. See the Autoconf documentation.
> autoreconf: /usr/local/bin/autoconf failed with exit status: 1

This is the real problem. The AM_GNU_GETTEXT macro is provided by the
gettext package. Installing gettext solves this.