Re: [msmtp-users] Error in autoreconf -i

Hi!

On Sun, 24 Mar 2013 16:11:00 +0530, Joe Philip Ninan wrote:
> At the "autoreconf -i" command It filas saying couldn't open
> direcotry 'm4' I have the latest versions of automake-1.13 and
> autoconf-2.69 installed. Following is the output i get.

Hm, automake 1.11.6 does not complain about the m4 directory. I'm not
sure what's going on there, but it should be ok to just create it
manually as you did.

>     joe@...335...:~/msmtp$ mkdir m4
>     joe@...335...:~/msmtp$ autoreconf -i
> configure.ac:45: warning: macro 'AM_GNU_GETTEXT' not found in library
> configure.ac:45: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_GNU_GETTEXT
>       If this token and others are legitimate, please use
> m4_pattern_allow. See the Autoconf documentation.
> autoreconf: /usr/local/bin/autoconf failed with exit status: 1

This is the real problem. The AM_GNU_GETTEXT macro is provided by the
gettext package. Installing gettext solves this.

Martin