Re: [msmtp-users] msmtp and getting flagged as spammer

On 05.02.13 14:24, Kasimir Knallkopf wrote:
How are you using msmtp on a mobile station without having your mail
flagged as spam?  Depending on which WIFI I'm connected at the moment when
I'm sending my mail, my IP might already be on a spammer blacklist. Another problem is that I don't have a domain name set for when I'm
sending email.

There must be a solution, because for example Thunderbird sends emails
without having this problem.

 >These are some of the spamassassin rules that get triggered:

FSL_HELO_NON_FQDN_1,HELO_LOCALHOST,RDNS_LOCALHOST (I don't set a domain
name in .msmtprc, however, I don't always know the domain name)

RCVD_IN_RP_RNBL,RCVD_IN_SORBS_DUL (the hotel IP is in the spammer database)

Any ideas? I really like msmtp.

use SMTP server with SMTP authentication. You apparently use one from
thunderbird

--
Matus UHLAR - fantomas, uhlar@...186... ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
LSD will make your ECS screen display 16.7 million colors