Re: [msmtp-users] manpage bug

On Fri, 4 May 2012 13:38:01 -0400, grarpamp wrote:
> > It still says ssmtp on my
> > system, though smtps seems to be accepted as an alias.
>
> Here's mine, which does not recognize ssmtp...
>
> http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/releng/9.0/etc/services?view=markup

OK, that's a good reason to switch to the new name. Patch is pushed.

I wonder why the BSD /etc/services does not support aliases. The
history of the file indicates that the service was called smtps for a
very long time, but so far no BSD user complained - maybe the alias
"ssmtp" is accepted through another mechanism on these systems?

Martin