Re: [msmtp-users] 2 domains with msmtp from one PHP?

Am 15.02.2012 19:18, schrieb Martin Lambers:
I'll test the --read-envelope-from option of msmtp - is it possible
to use placeholders? Like
from *@one.de
and msmtp chooses only by domain, so webmaster@...280... would fit as
any other mail address from one.de would?

No, that's not currently possible. It looks like a good idea though.

*pleasure* ;-)

Or maybe msmtp should support something like a 'X-Msmtp-Account:
foobar' header that it uses to choose an account and then removes from
the mail.

Hm, I don't know - I think one could guess szenarios for both. For X-headers you probably have to be a progger - I guess most webmail-scripts don't support setting these user-sidewise (not really sure though).

I'd call the placeholder szenario an end-user szenario - I know alot of PHP-scripts (not only pure mail scripts) which send mails (i.e. CMS, web-questionnaires and a lot more) and take the "from mail" from an config.inc.php entry.

The second one applies to me, so I'd rather vote for the placeholders - but maybe msmtp could support both, as X-headers are more flexible for other possible future amandments.

As I know a little PHP, I assume from a proggers point of view placeholders would be more easy to implement, as the from mechanism already exists and "only" ;) needs to be amanded - the x-headers would probably be something completly new to implement - but you will know best, I suppose :-)

For now I could help me out with more accounts in the config file - but I'd be glad to assist for example with testing new versions or giving conceptual feedback, if you like.

Keep up the good work!

Cheers
Frisco