Re: [msmtp-users] Aliases patch

On 28/09/11 06:31, Keith Bowes wrote:

> I'm not a developer, but my question is:  what useful purpose does it
> have?

As someone who is looking at msmtp as a more maintained replacement
for ssmtp, this patch fills what I perceive as a genuine need.

I use ssmtp on my server at the moment to handle sending of all mail out
to my isp, as I'm using their smtp gateway I don't need the weight of
something like sendmail or postfix, and a lightweight mailer works fine.

However, I do want to be able to redirect locally generated mails from
cron etc to a remote email address, which is a feature that ssmtp
supports and msmtp doesn't (easily). I think this is a worthwhile
feature to add.

Rgds

Denis McMahon