Re: [msmtp-users] msmtp queueing

Hello Kim,

There is a new version of msmtpq/msmtpQ - quite a bit more recent than
15 Mar 2008 - I trust you're using that one. The newest version deals
with some timing issues - the inherent delay of sending out a long
mail (or one with a big attachment) and better locking of the queue.

As you're using mutt, it seems to me that creating macros to run
msmtpq is the most direct approach. No need, I think, to set up a cron
job. The latest versions of the scripts will run/flush the queue after
sending out a message, but it's easy enough to trigger a run with
these macros :

macro index,pager "\eg" \
  "<shell-escape>/usr/local/bin/msmtpq -d<enter>"\
  "display msmtp queue"
macro index,pager  "\eG" \
  "<shell-escape>/usr/local/bin/msmtpq -r<enter>"\
  "run msmtp queue"

I've bound them to <esc>g and <esc>G respectively, but, obviously, you
can use what suits ...

The new script has combined the previous two scripts and uses separate
entry points (a symlink).

Let us know how it goes.

Best wishes,

Chris